First Look At David Tennant On Tonight's The Graham Norton Show


As previously reported David Tennant is a guest on tonight's episode of The Graham Norton Show where he will be promoting his current UK project You, Me And Him.
Talking about being cast in the film by the producer Georgia Tennant, who is also his wife, David tells Graham "It went to lots of other actors before it came to me – I thought I would be a shoo-in!"

David also chats about his time on Doctor Who and says that the attention from the devoted fan base was quite scary at first:
"It's quite an unusual job and it's humbling to be at the centre of that. It has such a huge fan base all over the world that it is quite scary at first. It's quite a small club. It does feel like once you've been The Doctor, you're always The Doctor. We do form a small support network."

Watch a clip below where David talks about finding out the identity of Peter Capaldi's successor in the role:


David is joined on the sofa by Solo: A Star Wars Story's Emilia Clarke and Phoebe Waller-Bridge and touches on his own ties to the franchise. Recalling how he voiced the character of Huyang in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars for which he received an Emmy he says
"I loved doing it but about a year later I got the award in the post."
Explaining it only took him about an hour  to record he added "I felt like I should have strived more and it didn't really feel like I had earned it. It went against my Scottish Presbyterian work ethic just to get one in the post when you didn't even know you were up for it!"





The Graham Norton Show airs on BBC One tonight at 10.35pm.

Comments